other Towns & Cities!
The Military to Civilian Resume
When it comes to transitioning from the Military to the Civilian sector, the most important step is without a doubt your resume, as it must showcase that your military skills are transferable.
Civilian Resumes are more than just a list of qualifications and experience. They are sales tools aiming at selling your skills and abilities
to employers so that you are invited for an interview.
There are several things you should take into consideration when writing your military transition resume:
1. Be careful to the terminology. You must submit your resume in civilian terms, not in military terms. Your Resume must be written in a Military-to-Civilian conversion format. The Military Transition format is a bridge between the military way of speaking and doing and the civilian business world.
2. Your resume must be focused. Highlight the skills, abilities and accomplishments that you have, which fit the job you are applying to. If the information does not relate to the position you are applying to, do not include it.
3. Your resume has to be written in an interesting manner so that it captures the attention of the reader. It should also be written in a way that makes it stand out: Make your resume different from the rest while maintaining professionalism.
4. Spell check and proofread your resume.
5. Send a Cover letter and a thank you letter.
6. Leave a direct phone number and make sure your voice mail greeting is professional sounding (no long sound clips or slang). Also, do not use a military e-mail address or an e-mail address featuring inappropriate content.
|Copyright© 1999 - 2017 USFreeads Classifieds. All rights reserved|
Please read our Terms of service & Privacy Statement